If you’ve ever been in my company at a cocktail party or luncheon, you know very well that I will be hanging out near the veggies and cheese platters. I mean, it’s cheese! This has not changed since I converted to the ketogenic lifestyle, I just can’t put in on crackers or top with jam anymore. Even the most experienced cheese-eaters like myself who have a knack for visual creativity have trouble designing the perfect cheese platter. So I have sourced this amazing Guide To Setting Up A Cheese Platter infographic for you that explains all you need to do — Enjoy!
A Beginner’s Guide To Setting Up A Cheese Platter
Before we get right into it, I wanted to share a few dos and don’ts that get me through the party platter picking, and only indulging in keto-friendly dips and treats.
- sour cream dips like spinach or tex-mex (high fat, no sugar)
- greek yogourt dips like tzatziki (high fat, plain)
- homemade dips like baba ganoush
- avocado mayo
- deviled eggs
- pickles (sugar-free options)
- cucumber, celery, and broccoli are great for dipping
- cheese crisps or seed “crackers”
- cheeses highest in fat, in descending order: Mascarpone, Stilton, Cheddar, Parmesan, and Brie (especially the triple cream!)
AVOID (to stay keto-friendly)
- fruit (a few berries are the exception)
- processed dips
Have a favourite keto party snack? Let me know in the comments!