Following the ketogenic lifestyle means giving up a lot of store-bought mayonnaise options, salad dressings and sauces because of how much sugar they contain. That certainly doesn’t mean we can’t have any. This amazing avocado mayo is so versatile, I use it on almost anything! It goes great as a salad dressing, fantastic as a sauce for salmon or chicken, and is a perfect eggless vegan mayo. Heck, I eat it as-is with a spoon a lot too!
Keto-Friendly Citrus Avocado Vegan Mayo
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- Put all ingredients in the food processor; even better if you have a mini one like me.
- Blend until smooth.
- Put extras, if any, in an airtight container in the fridge.
Yep. That easy!
Nutritional Stats & Variations
This recipe has a varied amount of serving portions, so the ratios below are for the entire thing. That way should you find yourself eating the entire bowl of avocado mayo in one sitting, you know what you’re getting into.
- 64 grams of protein (2%)
- 101 grams of healthy fats (91%)
- 18 grams of carbs (7%)
- 13 grams of fiber
- 1 gram of sugars (from the avocado)