Eating keto means you miss out on a lot of breakfast foods. No toast, no cereal, no oatmeal, no fruit. Which pretty much leaves you with eggs & bacon, yogourt, and bulletproof drinks which can get old and boring really fast. Enter ‘NOATMEAL’. A combination of keto-friendly grains and such that form a well balanced breakfast to accompany your morning coffee that can be flavoured any way you want. You can add matcha, berries, vanilla, pumpkin seeds, nuts, cream, ect. and make each day a different variety. Yumm!
Low Carb Noatmeal | Keto Friendly Recipe
- 2 tablespoons flax meal
- 2 tablespoons hemp hearts
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour or almond flour
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/2 cup liquid:
- brewed tea
- ginger infused water
- coconut milk
- unsweetened almond milk
- heavy cream
- optional toppings or additions:
- pumpkin seeds
- matcha powder
- cacao powder
- coconut manna (coconut butter/puree)
- cinnamon & nutmeg
- Add the base ingredients to your bowl.
- Add the liquid* and additives of your choosing.
- Microwave for 60 seconds.
- Microwave for 30-60 seconds until hot –> keep an eye on it, as it can overflow quickly.
- Serve warm with your desired toppings.
*When your liquid is coming from frozen berries, make sure you thaw them beforehand and top up the liquid to the required consistency. Take my personal favourite “Blueberries&Cream with Connamon” below as an example.
Nutritional Stats & Variations
The ratios below are for the original recipe with cream as the liquid and a dash of cinnamon, which means that your serving has 5 net carbs per serving. Don’t forget to calculate for your personal creations!
- 17 grams of protein (12%)
- 75 grams of healthy fats (80%)
- 24 grams of carbs (8%)
- 19 grams of fiber
- 3 grams of natural sugars