This gluten-free Vanilla Almond Mousse is a great keto-friendly dessert or breakfast filled with good fiber, a large amount a healthy fats for such a small serving, and it fills you right up! Go ahead and enjoy it for breakfast too. Goes great with pumpkin seeds as garnish for added fatty & fibrous protein and some crunch to the smooth mousse. For an evening treat, I top it off with a few raspberries. Did I mention it took me under 10 minutes to make it!? And it only took that long because I stopped to take pictures!
Keto-Friendly Vanilla Almond Mousse
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup full-fat cream cheese
- 4 tablespoons homemade almond butter [puree 1 cup of raw almonds & 1 tablespoon of coconut oil–makes 1/2 cup]
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Whip the cream until it forms stiff peaks
- In a separate bowl, beat the cream cheese and almond butter and vanilla extract together until it is a smooth mixture.
- Spoon in the whipped cream.
- Mix everything together until a smooth mousse is formed.
It can also be made in advance and stored in sealed serving dishes (cling wrap is fine) the fridge for up to 24 hours. Garnish immediately before serving for best results.
Nutritional Stats & Variations
The ratios below are for the entire recipe (meant to serve 4), which means that each serving has under 2 grams of sugar (from the almonds and the cream cheese).
- 24 grams of protein
- 110 grams of healthy fats
- 16 grams of carbs
- 7 grams of fiber
- 6 grams of sugar
For a lighter mousse, you can cut back on the amount of almond butter, or increase the amount of whipping cream.