If you love cheese, then you will absolutely adore these Keto-Friendly Low Carb Zucchini Enchiladas. They are packed with some serious flavour, and the perfect amount of heat. They make life worth living. Seriously, they are amazing! Try for yourself…
Keto-Friendly Low Carb Zucchini Enchiladas
CrockPot Shredded Chicken
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 boneless chicken thighs (or 3 large breasts)
- fresh cilantro
- salt & pepper
Keto Enchilada Sauce
- 1 small can tomato paste
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon italian spices
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce (sugar-free)
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
Low Carb Zucchini Enchiladas
- 3-4 large zucchinis
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- crockpot shredded chicken
- keto enchilada sauce
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack or Mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Put all of the CrockPot Shredded Chicken ingredients into the crockpot, making sure that the chicken is well coated in olive oil. Set to high for 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the Keto Enchilada Sauce by mixing the ingredients in a glass measuring cup (2 cups or larger). Separate into 1 cup + 1/3 cup.
- Then slice the zucchini into THIN long strips using a mandolin, meant for wrapping. Salt them and set aside in layers of paper-towel or dish cloths to soak up excess water.
- Using two forks, shred the chicken into small pieces.
- Melt the butter in a large pan.
- Cook the chopped onion until soft.
- Add the minced garlic and chili powder.
- Add the shredded chicken and 1 cup of keto enchilada sauce. Set aside.
- Lay out 3-4 overlapping slices of zucchini to form a rectangle surface.
- Add 2 heaping tablespoons of enchilada mixture into the middle and wrap, and place upside-down in glass lasagna dish. Repeat until the dish is full.
- Cover the wraps with a thin layer of the remaining keto enchilada sauce.
- Sprinkle a generous helping of the mixed shredded cheeses to cover the entire dish.
- Cook in the oven at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes until the cheese is melted to your heart’s content, and the zucchini is cooked.
- Let sit for 5-10 minutes so the cheese doesn’t immediately fall off when serving.
- Serve & Enjoy.
Nutritional Stats & Variations
The ratios below are approximate for the entire recipe (meant to serve 4), which means that each serving has just under 10g net carbs per serving, all natural from the veggies and spices. Great for carb-up days, and the ratios can easily be altered by using less onions or tomato paste, or opting for a cream-based sauce.
- 112 grams of protein (19%)
- 176 grams of healthy fats (70%)
- 61 grams of carbs (11%)
- 22 grams of fiber
The beauty of this recipe is that you can have the sauce and shredded chicken made ahead of time so that all you have to do is take care of the veggies when you get home. You can also swap the enchilada sauce for alfredo sauce for an even higher fat & lower carb version–White Enchiladas.